Call for New Government to Take Action
The Confederation of Paper Industries (CPI) has set out five key policy asks of the new Government which will enable the UK’s Paper-based Industries to take off and support sustained manufacturing growth.
CPI’s five key policy asks are:
- Economically Rational Brexit
- An Industrial Strategy in support of UK manufacturing
- Action on Skills
- Make UK Energy Internationally Competitive
- Packaging and the Circular and Bio-Economy
The details behind each policy ask, along with an explanation of the important role that the UK’s Paper-based Industries fill as a springboard for growth and as an enabling sector, can be viewed in the CPI’s position paper.
CPI Director General, Andrew Large, said: “The UK’s Paper-based Industries are present in all regions of the UK. We urge the new Government to work with this fundamental industry to ensure that it meets its full growth and employment potential in the years to come.”
For further information contact Emma Punchard, Director of Communications on 01793 889609 or email email@example.com.
NOTES TO EDITORS
- The Confederation of Paper Industries (CPI) is the leading trade association representing the UK’s Paper-based Industries, comprising paper and board manufacturers and converters, corrugated packaging producers, makers of soft tissue papers, and collectors of paper for recycling.
- CPI represents an industry with an aggregate annual turnover of £6.5 billion, 25,000 direct and more than 100,000 indirect employees.