We want a Director to lead the Energy Intensive Users’ Group (EIUG) – an industry body that works on energy policy on behalf of sectors such as steel, chemicals, paper, glass, cement, mineral products, industrial gases and ceramics.
The aim of EIUG is to work for an energy policy that is affordable and meets our environmental commitments.
The successful candidate will promote the importance of our industries to the UK’s economy and environment, communicate the views of the collective membership and develop strong working relationships with the aim of influencing our stakeholders including Government, Parliament and NGOs. Some support will be provided on political engagement. The jobholder will take the lead on developing EIUG positions for member sign-off including responding to consultations.
This full-time role will be based in Westminster (home working currently) and is employed by the Chemical Industries Association.
The salary is circa £60,000 per annum depending on experience.
If you are interested please send your CV and an explanation of why you want and could do this role to Simon Marsh, email@example.com. Or please make contact if you have any points or question you would like to put.
To do this job you will need:
· Knowledge of the UK political system and of parliamentary and Government processes
· Knowledge and experience of UK energy policy
· Experience of developing positive relationships with political decision-makers and influencers
· Experience of analysing complex policy and summarising and presenting key implications to senior stakeholders
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
· Project management skills
For further information and details on how to apply go to https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/2396489431/