This is an exciting opportunity with CPI to develop policy and services in recycling for the UK’s Paper-based Industries.
The Confederation of Paper Industries (CPI) is the leading trade association representing the UK’s Paper-based Industries, comprising paper and board manufacturers and converters, corrugated packaging producers, makers of soft tissue papers, and collectors of paper for recycling.
CPI unifies the UK’s Paper-based Industries behind the promotion of paper’s intrinsic value as a uniquely renewable and recyclable resource. We aim to enhance the industry’s competitiveness by advocating an appropriate legislative and regulatory regime in the UK, EU and globally, and also by sharing best practice within the CPI membership.
- Monitor legislative and regulatory activity at Defra, the devolved administrations and in Brussels, reporting such activity to RPC, devising and agreeing positions and undertaking lobbying as required.
- Support the development of the Papercycle/ Recyclability Assessment Methodology project.
- Respond to Government enquiries and public consultations, promoting the interests of the industry and the benefits of recycling wherever possible.
- Organise and support the activities of the Recovered Paper Council and maintain close contact with its members in order to retain and build their confidence in CPI to represent their interests effectively.
- Liaise with the waste sector, local authorities, environmental NGO’s, the trade press and other interested parties, i.e. other trade associations, to promote quality paper recycling and lobby on agreed RPC positions.
- Work closely with CPI colleagues on cross sectoral issues – e.g. Health & Safety, Food Contact, Fire Regulations, Recyclability, Packaging Waste, Recycling Rates.
- Involvement with CEPI as appropriate on relevant committees, working groups.
- Promote the paper industry, CPI and paper recycling through the trade press and by other means by writing regular articles and press releases and taking up opportunities to speak at events and conferences.
Our Ideal Candidate will have:
- Significant experience within a trade association or in a similar organisation/role.
- Experience in growing / developing a business.
- Experience in recycling or materials issues.
- Experience of working with Boards and Committees.
- Experience of working with DEFRA.
- Successful track record of career achievement.
- Commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion.
- Highly organised, disciplined and professional with the ability to work accurately to demanding timeframes
- Articulate, confident and tenacious with the ability to self-manage and act on one's own initiative
- Excellent verbal and presentation communication skills
- Demonstrate tact and persuasion in both internal and customer discussions or meetings
- Business focussed and committed to delivering exceptional results
- Positive, determined and motivated by business challenge
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to collaborative and innovative working
- Embraces and supports change - Able to rationalise and make incisive decisions
The position is home based, with some travel to the CPI’s Swindon office, London, Brussels and within the UK as required.
£52,500 per annum plus benefits
Please apply by close of business 13th August 2021
Please apply to [email protected] with a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are suitable for the role. We will aim to interview as soon as possible after the deadline for applications with a view to the successful candidate starting work in the autumn of 2021 to allow for a handover with the incumbent.