Health & Safety / Occupational Health
The HSE estimate that 1.3 million working people suffer from a work-related illness, and 31.2 million working days are lost due to work-related illness and workplace injury.
Within the paper industry, statistically musculoskeletal disorder and work-related stress have been identified as the main cause or work-related illness.
The paper industry, through PABIAC have set objectives to reduce the numbers of work-related ill health in both categories.
In this section there are information sheets, industry guidance, occupational health audit questions and PABIAC Research Reports.
- Occupational Health – Getting started
- CPI – Choosing a competent occupational health professional
- Example policy and advice for registering with a practitioner
- Example company policy and advice on infectious diseases
- CPI example occupational health policy
- Managing Occupational Health Information
- Manual Handling assessment for sorting materials
- Blood Bourne diseases Example Policy