Last updated: 3 January 2018
1. Who we are and how to contact us
We are the Confederation of Paper Industries Ltd and we own and operate this site (https://www.paper.org.uk).
We are a company registered in England and Wales with company number 3886916 and our registered office is at 1 Riverhall Road, Swindon, SN5 7BD, UK.
To contact us, please email [ ]@paper.org
2. By using our site you accept these terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
3. There are other terms that may apply to you
4. We may make changes to these terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time. The date we last updated these terms appears at the top of the page. If we make any significant changes to these terms, we will place a notice on our homepage and/or this page so that you are aware that changes have been made.
5. How you may use material on our site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
The use of our materials (name, images and logos) by you, or anyone else authorised by you, is prohibited unless specifically permitted by these terms. Any unauthorised use of our materials may violate copyright laws, trademark laws, the laws of privacy and publicity, and communications regulations and statutes.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purpose.
You may download material displayed on our site for non-commercial, home personal use only, provided you keep intact all copyright, trademark and other proprietary notices. You may not, however, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit or distribute in any way the contents of our site including the text, images, audio and video for public or commercial purposes, without written permission from us.
6. Do not rely on information on this site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date. We assume no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the contents of this Site.
7. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
8. Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
Whether you are an organisation or a customer:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any products to you, which will be set out in our purchase terms and conditions.
- We shall not be liable for any losses or damages including without limitation losses or damages relating to viruses that may infect your computer equipment or other property on account of your access to, use of, or browsing in our site or your downloading of any materials, data, text, images, video, or audio from the site.
- You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
9. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
10. Rules about linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
11. Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?